- Programming Resources
- Git and Relational Database Resources
- Beginner-Advanced Data Science Resources
- Data Visualization Resources
- Statistical Analysis Resources
- Possible Data Sources
Free Google Courses on Python
- Google offers a free online course Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)
- Python is one of the world’s most popular and in-demand programming language: Google Python Course Day 1
Free Kaggle Courses and Tutorials
- Kaggle, owned by Google, is an online learning platform for data science enthusiasts. They teach data science and host data science competitions. They also have forums to help people communicate with other data science enthusiasts on many relevant topics: python beginner tutorials
Udemy Free R Course
- The course is for beginners learning the basics of programming language R: free R tutorial
Git and Relational Database Resources
- This tutorial is a great and free introduction to using MySQL
- Resources to learn Git
Beginner-Advanced Data Science Resources
IBM Data Course
- IBM offers free online courses in data science and computing. Upon completion of some online courses, a digital badge is offered.
- Some courses offered by Coursera are eligible for financial assistance, For additional information, please contact Coursera directly
Data Visualization Resources
- Tableau offers students a free one-year subscription to Tableau desktop.For any additional information, please contact Tableau directly.
Statistical Analysis Resources
- SAS, a statistical programming language popular in healthcare and finance also offers some introductory courses for free.
Possible Data Sources
Here are some popular data sources that you could use as inspiration for your projects.
Compilations of Popular Sources:
Immunizations, Vaccines, and Biologicals: https://www.who.int/immunization/monitoring_surveillance/data/en/
Polio Immunization coverage estimates by country: http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.A831?lang=en
https://www.unicef.org/statistics/ - UNICEF
https://www.healthdata.gov/ - Health data
https://www.congress.gov (Bills cycle, congressional activity etc)